- Thank you to C.A. LaRue of BoneSpark for choosing medi(t)ations as a recommended book by a lady writer!
- If you’re interested in some hybrid poetry/lyric essaying, you can order medi(t)ations from Amazon or Small Press Distribution.
- If you’re interested in a signed copy of some hybrid poetry/lyric essaying, message me here!
- If you’re interested in hearing some awesome poetry while hanging out with some awesome people, check out the Impossible Language Reading Series in Memphis, Tennessee! The reading will take place tomorrow, March 19th, at 7:00 at Story Booth. I’ve lost my voice to an illness and won’t be able to read, which breaks my heart into a million pieces, but if you’ll head to Story Booth and support these amazing poets and people, it’ll help my heart and respiratory system to heal.
It’s almost spring here in the Deep South, and while I’m muddling through my early-onset allergies, I thought I’d let you know about some words of mine traveling about in the ether.
- I’m excited to have two poems in The Ilanot Review‘s special issue on Constraint. “Are We Our Asking” is an erasure from David Foster Wallace’s “Just Asking.” “Corrections” is a haikuization of Jonathan Franzen’s The Corrections. Both were written from and/or inspired by OuLiPo constraints, which is always tremendously fun.
- If book reviews are more your style, I’ve got a review of Maggie Nelson’s The Argonauts up at Tupelo Quarterly. In the review, I talk about how The Argonauts talks to Nelson’s also-brilliant The Art of Cruelty: A Reckoning. Many thanks to Tupelo Quarterly for granting me the space for this conversation with these beautiful, brilliant books.
- And finally, medi(t)ations is finally here! You can order the book from Amazon.com or from Small Press Distribution. Want a sample? Check out the book preview up at The Best American Poetry Blog!